How to Maximize Rewards With the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card
Maximizing your rewards is straightforward with the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card. The more purchases you make using the card, the more points you earn. You earn three points per dollar on Southwest purchases; and two points on Rapid Rewards hotel and car rental partner purchases; local transit and commuting, including ride-hailing; and internet, cable, and phone services and select streaming. Also, you earn one point for all other purchases.
New cardholders can earn 50,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
What Fees Are Associated With the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card?
- Annual fee: There is a $99 annual fee.
- Foreign transaction fee: There is no foreign transaction fee.
- Balance transfer fee: This card charges either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- Cash advance fee: There is a cash advance fee of either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater.
- Late or return payment fee: There is a fee of up to $40.
- Over-limit fee: There is no over-the-limit fee.
Should You Get the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card?
- Can earn rewards at a value greater than $99 annually.
- Frequently fly with Southwest Airlines.
- Don’t plan to transfer a balance to the card.
- Can spend enough to earn the sign-up bonuses.